Thursday, March 5, 2009

End of the Week Wrap-up

I must admit it’s been a rather boring week in Max’s world. “Boring” is without a doubt my favorite adjective when used in the same sentence as “Max”. I’m just praying I didn’t jinx myself….

My duties as Mr. Mom this week included going on Max’s school field trip with him - a hike! Now I must admit I am first and foremost a New Yorker, I’ve never been hiking (let’s face it there are very few mountain trails in downtown Manhattan) so I wasn’t super-excited about the prospect of leading a group of seven year olds up a hill, or so I thought. This was NOT a hill, this was part of the Rocky Mountain chain (New Yorkers live to exaggerate). I almost had a heart attack just looking at the trail let alone hike it. Thankfully as luck would have it Max’s teacher thought it best that I stick with Max and she would take my group in case Max pooped out. Guess who pooped out? You got it! I was so far behind Max at points I couldn’t even see him! I did however slow him down about three quarters of the way up mostly because I realized I would be no help to him if I passed out. It’s rather depressing to know that your seven year old son with a heart condition, respiratory challenges, and circulation issues can beat you up a hill, I guess it’s time to dust off the treadmill and get cracking. Michele DEFINITELY gets the pleasure of going on the next field trip, with my luck it will be something sedentary like a movie….how is it that I get stuck every time?

Our weekend is packed with end-of-the-season soccer games, Max is gearing up to lead his team to victory. He insisted to Ellie this evening that she had to wear her cheerleader costume from Halloween a few years back because every soccer star deserves a cheer section. There is no end to this kid’s ego!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: