Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Italian Adventure - Part II

We've been out and about quite a bit the last few days, eating as much pizza as we can, visiting with friends, and seeing more sights. As we wind down to our last week here we find more and more things we would like to do before we leave so our days have been pretty packed. Heck we've even been out during siesta time which really makes us look like American tourists!


We had our first "Max Emergency" tonight when I noticed he was covered in a red, welty rash as I helped him get his PJs on.  I immediately called Max's godmother (the pediatrician) and we received our first ever "house call".  Max was extremely impressed with the concept of the doctor coming to him as opposed to him going to the doctor in the ER. I'm praying this doesn't spoil him for our next ER run to Phoenix Children's! As of now we're on an antihistamine and we'll see where that gets us. I must admit I chuckle every time a doctor asks me if Max can swallow a pill or not....this leads me to believe that not every eight year old can swallow a fist full of pills in one gulp. Who knew?


I want to wish everyone a happy, HEALTHY new year from all of us! Enjoy tonight's presentation of the Marangella's "Italian Adventure"!


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Thank you for sharing more of you vacation! The pictures are so wonderful, I just noticed how tall Max is getting in the photos of him and Ellie! I hope he no longer has red welts...the last time a dr. offered to come see me at home because I was so sick, it scared the bejeesus out of me, thought I must be dying, and insisted on going to the office! I love the ancient rock walls around the vineyard, and the buildings with the round pointed roofs...if you were here, I'd bombard you with questions! Enjoy your last week!

Christie said...

Whoever's been taking these pictures has been making my picture-taking skills look bad. I love, love, LOVE the pictures of the kids in the fields with the walls. Sadly, some of the pictures from both of the montages remind me of some of the pictures my mom took of Ryan and I while we traversed around Europe. But all good memories (what I can remember, anyways)! Have a wonderful last week! Can't wait to see you again! Hope Max doesn't hate returning too much. :o(