Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our Boring....

It’s official, we're boring! Although I LOVE boring it lends itself to less than exciting posts. Both kids are very much in end-of-the-school-year mode which works beautifully for Max because he finishes up this week. It's not so OK for Ellie who still has another three weeks of school left. I think once she knew she would be changing schools next year she sort of checked out early on this year. Not great but try explaining that to a thirteen year old! I have to admit that I too spent this weekend in end-of-the-school-year mode. I didn't have to sit on Max (literally and figuratively) to finish his homework and practice his spelling words - two and a half months without spelling tests, whoopeeeeeeeeeeeee! I have found my nirvana.....

We're still waiting on word from Mayo and Johns Hopkins on their final interpretations of Max's recent cardiac echo so for now the wait lends itself to “our boring”. I have both convinced myself that everything will be OK as well as mentally planned for a summer trip to Hopkins. Logically I know that the situation is surely not that tragic or urgent but I lost my ability to stop my mind from taking off on its own long ago. I guess that’s what happens after eight years of one fire drill after another, I tend to expect that the next one is right around the corner. Oh well, on that note I wish everyone a happy week!

No comments: