Sunday, July 26, 2009

From Cooling to Heating

In an attempt to remind us that our "black cloud" is never far away our oven exploded last night. Now I 'm sure that those of you who know me think I am exaggerating but alas no, not this time anyway. As I was getting ready to put dinner in the oven I noticed a spark and then a flash of light when I opened the oven I realized that the heating element was on fire. We turned it off and unplugged it and still it smoldered, off Michele goes to get the fire extinguisher......after several sprays the fire was out but my kitchen looked like a crime scene. Who knew a fire extinguisher was nothing more than a very fine, sticky powder? We're still cleaning up the residue this morning. We had to coax the kids back into the house after this exciting event and Max still needs convincing that his house isn't about to burn down. So we've gone from the inability to cool to the inability to heat....never a dull (or inexpensive) moment at the Marangella residence......

On a very happy and touching note, the little boy who lives around the corner came knocking on our front door last night with a championship metal in his hand. He explained to me that his team, coached by his father, had won the state championship and that they had dedicated the game to Max. While this little boy goes to school with Max and we know his family from around the neighborhood the rest of the team doesn't even know Max. We were all surprised and touched by this incredibly sweet gesture. Max hasn't taken the metal off and I have once again been moved by how my son, just one little boy with a very special gift, has touched so many lives. It confirms to me that Max has so much to teach to so many.

No comments: