Monday, July 13, 2009

The Weekend in Pictures

What do you do with kids on a hot summer day in Arizona? You send them to the Science Museum and if you’re really, really lucky you can send them with someone else! It was a blistering 116 degrees on Saturday, the sort of day you can’t walk outside without feeling as though your skin is melting. On a day like this we would typically be stuck at home with whining kids who claim to be bored although they possess laptops, video games, piles of library books, and every other diversion known to man.

In light of this looming reality, you can imagine my glee when Christie offered to take Ellie and Max to the museum for the day. Just one more win-win situation resulting from this girl’s ability to put up with my children for extended periods of time, no easy feat believe me! The kids were entertained and I was able to enjoy the peace and quiet of no kids and the ability to get housework done without interference (what an exciting life I lead).

These are photos snapped by Christie of the big outing; it seems the kids had a blast. I’m not brave enough to ask Christie if she was as thrilled to be there as they were…





No comments: