Friday, December 3, 2010

Quick Update

We are home….and thrilled to be here! The only part of being home that stinks is that Max is no better than he was earlier in the week, in fact we were only “kicked to the curb” because the doctor’s just didn’t know what the problem was and because they didn’t want to admit that they didn’t know they did two things:
  1. They discharged us. YAY!!
  2. They suggested that Max was “milking” the situation so as to play video games and skip school. I don’t know that I have EVER been so offended in all my life but my best stupefied answer was, “Really? That’s the best you’ve got? Considering the kid has video games at home and is sitting in bed doing his school work I find it hard to see how your “medical” opinion holds water.” We were summarily discharged; evidently they don’t like sarcastic mothers!
So as of now we have two very frustrated parents because we’re running out of doctors to take Max to and one very sad little boy because he just feels so miserable. By the way, the pain is so bad that he can’t play video games for too long without getting tired so he’s doing his homework instead….maybe I’ll videotape it and send it to the medical genius who diagnosed him with a bad case of “milking it”.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm so sorry Patricia that you can't get the help you need for Max here in this medically-challenged City. Let me know if you can get out for a drink tomorrow (Saturday) night ... I've got a ear to lend if you need one.

vicki said...

Oh Patricia, that just stinks. I'm glad Max is home, but feel your frustration at how the doctors treated the situation. Milking!!! Not this kid who has had enough of doctors & pokes & hospitials to deal with. I wish I knew some wonderful dr. to call for you, unfortunately I don't. Hope he feels better soon. Dumb question, I know, but did you call the dr. back East? Take care, Patricia.