Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday Evening Post

Here we sit for what is probably the billionth time (exaggeration) in a Hospital on a Saturday night...and no one believes me when I say that I have NO social life!

So far today we've had a ton of blood work, x-rays, and another CAT scan and we're still at 'we don't know'. Why must Max be so difficult to figure out? This morning seemed like a fire drill, everything was such an emergency. The pediatrician led us to believe we'd be in the OR at any minute and thus she was freaking out about some of Max's blood work. She felt there were serious issues with his liver (why is everyone so crazy about his liver if he just had a clean biopsy?) and was afraid of what this would mean for his clotting abilities after surgery. Should I even bother saying that I was completely freaked out at this point?

The surgical service seems to be much, much calmer about the need to cut. Obviously this is a very good thing. In fact, we are waiting for the surgeon to come talk to us about Max's abdominal scan although her resident already talked to us and thought it looked 'unremarkable'. We'll see what his boss has to say when she gets here....

Please, please send Max good thoughts and prayers he is having an EXTREMELY rough time with all of this. As hard as it is for us to see him so uncomfortable and scared I keep having to remind myself that it's nothing compared to what he is enduring. I'll keep everyone updated once we know more.

1 comment:

Chris A said...

Praying, Praying, Praying.

with Hope,
~ Chris A ~