Friday, May 27, 2011

The Adventure Begins

Tonight as we finish packing up suitcases and counting out the dozen different medicines that Max will need these next few weeks I feel my anxiety growing. Anxiety that I will forget something, anxiety that logistically something will go wrong, anxiety, anxiety, anxiety! And even as I feel the churning in the pit of my stomach I know that any anxiousness I have over the trip is nothing compared to what I will feel next week as we face the reality of the reason for the trip.

Thankfully, for all of us, we'll have the diversion of a few days this weekend hanging out in DC with my college roommate before next week's appointments begin. Max is looking forward to the museums and a private tour of the White House (this kid really does have friends in high places) and I can't wait to get back "home". A mini-vacation is just what we need, the calm before the storm!

I'll close with a picture... I'm happy to say that the fire department was FINALLY able to come to our house to give Max a non-emergency ride! Thanks to all our Costco friends who made this wish a reality for Max!

Max, a few friends, and his new "ride".

3 comments:

Chris A said...

Patricia,

Holding you all close with Love and Hope,

~ Chris A ~

Ann said...

Good luck with everything. I'll be checking the blog for updates. Hope you have a nice Memorial Day weekend reconnecting with your friends.

xoxo
Ann

Vicki said...

Hoping for only good things for all of you.

Vicki