Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ten Things I am Thankful for....

.....in no particular order:
  1. My husband, although something tells me I might not be on his list. I figure that anyone willing to stick with me for 17 years has earned their spot on this list.
  2. My kids. Yes, there are moments I'd sell them to the first band of passing gypsies but I know I'd be lost without them.
  3. Health. There's nothing like having a chronically ill child to make you appreciate good (or at least stable) health.
  4. All of our friends and family that have supported us these last eight years. You’ll never know how much you’ve lightened our load.
  5. All of the empty bottles of wine that have supported me these last eight years.
  6. The doctors, nurses and many, many others who have cared for Max throughout his journey. There has definitely been the good, the bad and the ugly but we have learned from each of them....some to grab onto for dear life and others to run from as fast as possible!
  7. The many advances in medical care and technology that have saved my son's life.
  8. Sleep, never underestimate any stretch of uninterrupted sleep longer than 30 minutes. Hence my next list item....
  9. Coffee, coffee, and coffee!
  10. Last but not least....Max thinks I should add the New York Yankees, Jeter, A-Rod, and Posada to my list as that was on his list in his Thanksgiving letter (no mention of his devoted family but who's holding a grudge?). 
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

max rules