Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tricks, Treats, Dances and Baseball

Although I always look forward to the weekends for a little R and R it never seems to work out that way and this weekend was no exception! Ellie had her first high school dance on Friday evening. Because this is the first academic year for her school it wasn't a homecoming dance but rather an "Up and Coming" dance. Either way it made me feel OLD watching her go off to her first formal dance. I guess it will only get worse when these events include boys.....I'm really not ready to go there!

Of course Saturday was Halloween and I'm happy to report we have almost NO candy at our house. Ellie really didn't care one way or another and Max did the obligatory round of three or four houses rushing to get home to watch the Yankees whoop the Phillies. In fact most of our weekend has been spent in front of the TV cheering as our team FINALLY seems to be heading towards the championship title. We've been waiting a long time for this, ever since '01 when Max was still in the hospital and the nurses dressed him in a D-backs' onsie just to make me cry!

Have a great week and don't eat too much candy!





No comments: