Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mild Changes

We heard from Max’s gastroenterologist yesterday with the news on Max’s liver biopsy results. As is typical with Max the results show “mild changes in his liver cells”, unspecified, but changes none the less. According to the doctor all this really means to him at this time is another exciting piece of information for their research study on Max. I don’t know how I feel about my son causing doctors to go “Hmmmmm, interesting” and get excited about more of Max’s cells. Is this a good thing, a bad thing or just a thing? Hmmmmm….

Now we’re just on pins and needles waiting to hear what the cardiac surgeon will have to say about the timing of the open-heart surgery, what his approach will be, etc. Part of me hates waiting; the other part is relieved because not hearing the final decisions allows me to pretend that the whole thing isn’t really real. I have to admit that for some reason I’m having an especially difficult time dealing with all this, perhaps it’s the holidays, perhaps it’s that I’m just battle weary. Who knows? For now I’ll take yesterday’s news and try not to obsess too much about what tomorrow’s news might be.

No comments: