Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Christmas morning has always been a day of reflection for me, I find myself remembering Christmases past. The last one I spent with my Grandmother, my first one with Michele, my children's first Christmas...the list goes on. Some of the memories are bittersweet although most are just happy. In many ways the song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" has been my favorite carol since my Uncle with whom I was very close used to sing it to me while dancing me around the room, me with my feet on his shoes. As an adult I listen to the song with new ears, I think about our past and try to look forward to our future when our "troubles will be far away" -- at least we can hope!

Wishing you all a merry little Christmas!

No comments: