Thursday, June 4, 2009

Faith.....

As my last few posts have indicated life has been anything but smooth at the Marangella household of late. In fact I have been so consumed with problems, perceived problems, and various other disasters I have had little time or desire to write about anything at all. Every once in a while I have a week or so of what I refer to as “poor me – itis” and this has been my week! Mostly I think this happens because I am so mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted I allow any little thing to drag me down. Then I start to feel guilty…..after all our problems have all been of a “fixable” nature, many are not so blessed. I remind myself that I just need to have faith that things will be OK and I shouldn’t sweat the small stuff. For those of you who know me telling me to not obsess would be like telling me not to breathe…..

One of my favorite quotes which I have held dear since Max’s birth comes from a very wise man, Martin Luther King, Jr., who said "faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase". Pretty much sums up the last eight years of our lives, huh? We have been walking in the dark with Max since the very beginning. We gave up long ago on ever seeing the light at the end of the tunnel because there isn’t any. This doesn’t mean that life is a disaster, it just means we have to take it one step at a time with the faith that the staircase is there and we will not fall. It is important that we not get ahead of ourselves, worrying about what might happen when we need to concentrate on what is happening. Again for those if you who know me…..

So what if this week what was happening was several unforeseen big ticket items and a sick child? We got the repairs done and Max seems to finally be on the mend. Life is good and I’ve stopped my complaining. Once again, for those of you who know me I never really stop my complaining…..a girl’s got to have at least one addiction right?

Have a great rest of your week, I know I’m planning to!

Post Note: As I was getting ready to hit the Post button on this my phone rang, it was Johns Hopkins confirming that Max’s aorta looks stable. The recent ECHO measurements reflect the measurements from the December MRI so for now all is well on the cardiac front! I really do just need to have faith!!!

No comments: