Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Music?

Driving to work and school this morning Ellie turned on the radio and they were actually playing Christmas music! Please tell me they’re kidding me! I’m still picking up candy wrappers all over the house from the kid’s Halloween stash (believe me I have come to find that children can eat candy in the strangest places and hide the wrappers in equally strange places). I haven’t even had the energy to think about Thanksgiving yet and the rest of the world is getting ready for Christmas? The Holiday season hasn’t even started and I’m already behind schedule. This can only get worse.

Soon enough I will be confronted with Santa letters, school Holiday pageants, and Secret Santa exchanges. Don’t get me wrong I love the Holidays as much as the next guy but I’ve got a trip to Baltimore for Max’s clinic appointments plus all of his winter appointments here in Phoenix standing in my way. And while I’d much rather be shopping, baking cookies with the kids, and wrapping presents I can’t see me getting to these festivities by December 25th so I have a few options: I can try to get an excuse note for being absent from all Holiday activities or if that doesn’t work out do you think my kids will notice if I push Christmas out a bit? I’ve checked my calendar and I think March looks like a pretty good alternative, can anyone tell me if that will conflict with Easter?

No comments: