Sunday, January 25, 2009

On the mend...sort of

It's been a very, very rough weekend at the Marangella home. As of Friday evening as our luck would have it we had two sick children. In fact, just to show Michele that I can pitch in and haul a kid to the pediatrician I woke up (can you refer to it as waking up if you have not slept?) Saturday morning and took Ellie in. She had a fever, sore throat and a headache….one $20 co-pay later and guess what?? It’s a virus! It seems to me that the Saturday morning pediatrician, who has drawn the short straw for the privilege of seeing every species of disheveled, sleep deprived mother with their equally disheveled, sleep deprived children, is motivated to do absolutely NOTHING! That’s right no meds for Ellie…or even me!

Ellie was much better by Saturday evening just in time for Max to get the one symptom he didn’t have before --- a HIGH fever! A little Tylenol and another sleepless night……

As of this evening everyone seems to be on the mend and feeling better (I write this as I hear my son hacking from down the hallway) or at least well enough to be kicked out the door tomorrow morning to return to school. I’ve instructed Michele to keep an eye on the Caller ID tomorrow and not answer any calls from school nurses, let them tough it out like the rest of us did all weekend!

Max returns to his pediatrician tomorrow afternoon, stay tuned for more news on that front…..
Have a great week all!

No comments: