Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hopkins - Post-Op Day Five

Today has been a typical Sunday in a hospital....nothing happens!

They have decided not to do a lavage because this morning's x-ray looked much better, in fact there was talk of extubating Max later today. We're not sure if we believe this or not as no one is presently doing anything to meet that goal (again typical Sunday in a hospital). I really like tonight's attending so we're waiting to talk to her.

Speaking of liking caregivers, today has been a challenge. Michele and I changed shifts at about 7 AM when I went home to sleep. Not much later he started to text and call me that Max was having a rough time based mostly on today's nurse who seemed to be less than gentle with him sending his heart rate and blood pressure soaring. Very little of a "plan of action" is being shared with us today, hence my waiting for the night shift.

I'll update later if anything does happen....stay tuned......

1 comment:

Chris A said...

Praying Max (and all of you) had a quiet, healing night.

with Love and Hope,
~ Chris A ~