Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome Home Max!



We're home and although we are all still groggy and adjusting to the time difference and the thermometer on our patio is reading 115 degrees there truly is NO PLACE like home! Max is completely back in his element enjoying another phase of "post surgery attention". During a quick Costco run yesterday Max's "Costco Gang" presented him with a cake to celebrate his triumphant return, he was so happy to see everyone and show them his scar. Not sure how many folks were really that interested in seeing it but they were flashed all the same......

We are settling in and trying to get used to our new "normal". This means trying to convince Max that his incision is still too fresh to play baseball, swim, or otherwise run around like a maniac. Of course high levels of blood thinners are also not conducive to jumping off the furniture but we're having a hard time convincing Max of this. While part of me wants to wrap him up in bubble wrap and duct tape him to the sofa I have to admit I love seeing a bit of the old Max start to peak through.

We are also busy trying to fine tune the new medicine schedule, if we thought Max was on a ton of meds before the list has only grown exponentially (I wish I had thought to bring home one of the nurses with me, I hate dosing meds!). This week we'll also have a doctor's appointment or two and certainly the dreaded coumadin level checks so check back for updates!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome home, Max! Can't wait to see your smiling face in about SIX weeks!

Michelle Hanrahan

Cass Dawson said...

Yay! Let me know if there is anything I can do or help any of you with and ......Starbucks Patricia????