Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hopkins - Post-Op Day Two

It's been a long day, a very long day. The roller coaster ride continues.

This morning other than being extremely groggy it seemed that Max's respiratory issues were on the mend so at around noon Michele and I left Max with my aunt to go home to sleep and shower. It seemed we barely shut our eyes when my aunt called to say that Max was back in trouble and they were switching him to another type of ventilator. In a little more than an hour we went from almost completely weaned off of oxygen to bi pap at full force.

We did lose a few lines and tubes but we also regained some of them. The classic one step forward two steps back dance. One of the doctors tried to reassure me telling me that I'm an old pro at this and I know that these things can happen. I responded that she was right but I am now ten years older and I just don't have this in me anymore.

So here we sit, Max has spent most of the day asleep or in pain or both. We're praying fiercely for an uneventful night, Max is worn out and scared and he needs a chance to rest and catch up.

Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Ann said...

So sorry to hear that Max had a rough day. Hoping and praying that tomorrow is a better day. Hugs.

Vicki said...

Sorry to hear today was so rough, hope you and Max as well as Michele are able to get some rest tonight, & that tomorrow is better.

Big hug,
Vicki

Chris A said...

That ugly old rollercoaster.

Praying for a calm, healing night and a better tomorrow.

with Love and Hope,
~ Chris A ~